The Best WordPress Hosting Companies | 2020
If you haven’t noticed, a simple search for “wordpress hosting companies” brings up a dozen different companies all claiming to be the *BEST* choice. As a web developer and designer, I assure you, they are not all created equally.
When choosing the perfect hosting company for your WordPress site, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are just a few (in no particular order):
- Speed – Site speed is an important factor when it comes to SEO and a great client experience. If you’re running a high traffic site or forum, you need a hosting plan that can handle it.
- Customer Service – This one is super important to me. If something goes wrong, can they help you? Can they help your developer? Or will they literally just hang up the phone on you (Go Daddy, I’m talking to you.).
- Do they specialize in WordPress – Hosting companies that specialize in WordPress often offer one step installation, easy to manage staging sites and more knowledgeable customer service representatives.
- How easy their cPanel (Control Panel) is to use – Otherwise you could spend hours just trying to find the simpliest things.
- Daily backups – Not all wordpress hosting companies offer this service, but I love it when they do. If anything happens to your site, it makes it super easy to revert back to a previous version.
- Staging Website Access – Whether you’re making small changes or an overhaul of your current site, a staging site makes it easy to work on your site without having to push your changes live before you’re ready.
- Security Protection & SSL Certification – It’s definitely a bonus when your hosting company helps to protect your site from malicious activity. Even better when they offer an SSL for free.
- Price – Let’s be honest, we’re all on a budget, but picking a hosting company based on price will cost you more in the end. Even the best designer and developer can get stuck in a bad hosting companies “web of chaos” for hours, all billable to you.
The Best WordPress Hosting Recommendations
When it comes to my own personal hosting needs, I use Siteground.
I recommend Siteground WordPress hosting for entrepreneurs who want a fast, reliable hosting company, but who aren’t planning anything too bandwidth intensive (for instance, a ton of e-learning courses, an online forum, etc).
WHY I LOVE SITEGROUND:
- Specialize in WordPress and WooCommerce Sites
- Unlimited Websites on the GrowBig and GoGeek Plans
- Free On Click Staging Site
- Free SSL
- Daily Backup
- Great Customer Service
- 100% Uptime Since Switching To Them
I recommend WP Engine for website with a lot of visitors. It’s perfect for high traffic blogs, e-learning libraries and online communities.
WHY I LOVE WP ENGINE:
- They specialize in WordPress websites
- They are equipped to handle high traffic
- They offer 24/7 chat support
- Free One Click Staging Site
- Free SSL Certification
- Automatic Website Updates
InMotion is my runner up to SiteGround. They’re reliable and slightly cheaper but don’t offer quite as many perks.
WHY I LOVE INMOTION:
- Free SSL Certification
- Free Backups & Restores (not daily)
- Email is through Gmail
- Staging Capabilities (not one click)
If you have questions about the best wordpress hosting companies of 2020, leave a message below!
Some of the links in this article are affiliate links, which means I get a small kick back if you sign up for the companies that I affiliate with. That said, I only have affiliate accounts with products and services that I fully support and recommend, and all of the opinions expressed in this article are honest and 100% my own.
Rayna is a custom website designer that specializes in high conversion, brand specific websites. She does this by using emotion focused branding, copywriting that screams your message and custom web design that guides your site visitors exactly where you want them to go. If you’re a small business owner or entreprenur who wants to light up the world, she’d love to hear from you.